Monday, July 6, 2009

Do not forget the past and lessons from history

The first time I heard about Mirhossein defying the supreme leader and his readiness for martyrdom, I felt nothing but respect. It is great that Iranian people are all gathered together to make a change and it can be a shift towards democracy, but there is a great paradox in this movement. Going back and reading the history of early years of revolution, these liberal folks, so-called Muslim intellectuals, were the ones, who were active in suppressing any opposition voice. They are the ones, who killed,jailed and tortured thousands of people without giving them the opportunity of having a fair court; who,supported the so-called cultural revolution and closed the universities for 2 years. Our beloved candidate is the one, who was the prime minister in all those gloomy, suffocating years of war.
I am not telling that we shouldn't be united now, the feeling of solidarity and unity among the nation is of utmost importance now, however, always remember the lessons of 57 revolution.
May god help our nation

No comments: